FOUNDATION Course Outline

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

The Stand review 5-19-2020

The Stand mechanics can be confusing so I did another set of videos for you on Sunday with my new iPad Air as reviews.  Although I've had the videos and 1200+ photos since Sunday, I could not get my iPad to sync with my desktop so I could begin to unload this morning. Gratefully, Wayne is my IT guy (not happily though), but he was able to get me functional this morning. These two videos are the first 2 items successfully uploaded to my desktop so I could then upload to YouTube to then embed in this Blog.

So these two videos show you the mechanics for the Stand NOW, but I wanted to show you where the Stand mechanics can take you in future training and what is possible. So, that is also part of these videos for your education.

*IMPORTANT* Although the mechanics seem tiny to you, when you change them, however slightly, the ability to do well now changes. And as you go forward, each exercise, every mechanic within that exercise is a foundation for another future mechanic to do more advanced exercises. When you change a mechanic, it dominoes into future issues.  So, do the mechanics exactly as I show you to do and you will succeed NOW and when you're ready to go onto more advanced exercises you and your dog will be ready then as well.

========================================================================

Please note, when the dog is in a Stand, the handler needs to stand up tall and straight in heel position (left seam pant leg in line with dogs left shoulder), do a "Set" which is a light push with your left hand on the dogs shoulder. The light push is pressure and the dog will 'brace' against that slight pressure which helps to 'set' the dog into holding the Stand.

Once that is done, THEN to do a Stand/Stay, you give the verbal "Stay" command while simultaneously giving the Stay hand signal while simultaneously stepping off on your right foot.

Hope that clears up any Stand mechanics confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment