The "Set" of the shoulders is done once the dog is in a Stand and the handler is in heel position, then the "Stay" command is given and Stay hand signal BEFORE starting the circle.
Where did you and Deb get the idea of 6 circles?
Days 1/2 = 1 circle, come to Heel position and EF Days 3/4 = 2 complete circles, come to Heel position and EF Days 5/6 = 3 complete circles, come to Heel position and EF.
I will upload my Stand videos done on Sunday for both of you to see and review.
Just those few issues as your mechanics other than the above pointers were spot on perfect.
You said on the old blogs, which then I put on the cliff notes, "Start with 1 circle, then 2 circles, then 3 circles, etc. until you can do 6 circles and the dog remains stationary."
It was and I corrected both it and the verbiage for the Approach by a Stranger. Thank you as I did not recognize the '6 circles' until both you and Deb repeated it. LOVE having you both going through this Apprenticeship Program so glitches are caught and corrected now.
The "Set" of the shoulders is done once the dog is in a Stand and the handler is in heel position, then the "Stay" command is given and Stay hand signal BEFORE starting the circle.
ReplyDeleteWhere did you and Deb get the idea of 6 circles?
Days 1/2 = 1 circle, come to Heel position and EF
Days 3/4 = 2 complete circles, come to Heel position and EF
Days 5/6 = 3 complete circles, come to Heel position and EF.
I will upload my Stand videos done on Sunday for both of you to see and review.
Just those few issues as your mechanics other than the above pointers were spot on perfect.
You said on the old blogs, which then I put on the cliff notes, "Start with 1 circle, then 2 circles, then 3 circles, etc. until you can do 6 circles and the dog remains stationary."
ReplyDeleteI will go back and listen to those old blogs as I know that isn't correct. This is all great as I'm catching glitches here and there..
ReplyDeleteIt's most likely written/posted under the Week 4 Written Homework, if I remember correctly. Happy to be of service 🙂
ReplyDeleteIt was and I corrected both it and the verbiage for the Approach by a Stranger. Thank you as I did not recognize the '6 circles' until both you and Deb repeated it. LOVE having you both going through this Apprenticeship Program so glitches are caught and corrected now.
ReplyDelete